Blurry/Smudged Training - Newbie trying to learn

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Akill3s

Blurry/Smudged Training - Newbie trying to learn

Post by Akill3s »

I am trying to learn about deepfakes and Deep Learning in general and now trying to understand expectations of this procedure. I attached my training to show...the time is actually at 15 hours. REALLY hard for me to get down below 0.035 on 'Loss' for A & B, Batch is set to 64

A has 71 reference images
B has 250 reference images

(What is a good amount?) for myself I recorded my face moving around and extracted that, so environment/lighting never changed.

I tried to move size to 512 on my size, I tried all sizes but if it is anything but 256 Swapface crashes. I want a sharper image, but right now I want to just get the iterations to get less blurry/smudge like. I feel that after a total of 15 hours I should see better results yes?? Or is that normal? Before I let this run for 1 week and see virtually no diff??

If I add more reference photos, I re-ran the extraction to get the alignment file, linked the trainer to those and tried to continue the training with the existing model, it crashed so I assume that is not an option? So you need to start the model and training over yes??

Any tips/advice/settings you can give for clearest sharpest the AI can yield, anything I can do to help it learn, I'd appreciate it.

Oh...also, I assume the Tensor Cores on the RTX cards are NOT being used correct?

System specs:
Intel Xeon e3-1270_v5 3.6Ghz turbo to 4GHZ
32GB DDR4 2133
SSD M.2
Nvidia 2080 RTX

System performance:
CPU goes to 100% for entire process
Ram sits at 11GB used of the 32 available
Cude runs at 50%
VRAM 8GB is 100% utilized

Thank you all!

by torzdf » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:42 pm

In the first instance you should read the FAQs which answer a lot of these questions.

Tensor Cores are not being used. I do not currently have an RTX card (and have not received enough in donations to buy one), so I cannot look at implementing that at the moment,

If you are still unclear on anything, please feel free to ask here :)

Go to full post
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Blurry/Smudged Training - Newbie trying to learn

Post by torzdf »

In the first instance you should read the FAQs which answer a lot of these questions.

Tensor Cores are not being used. I do not currently have an RTX card (and have not received enough in donations to buy one), so I cannot look at implementing that at the moment,

If you are still unclear on anything, please feel free to ask here :)

My word is final