Timelapse

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

tomward16

Timelapse

Post by tomward16 »

Sorry, me again. I'm trying to figure out the time-lapse feature and I may have completely misunderstood. What I'm trying to do is rather than me manually clicking save on the preview every couple of 100 iterations, is to have this automatically done so that at the end of the training I can produce a video showing how the network learns.

Is this the right feature to do that? If so, will it decrease training speed as from the tooltips it looks like it takes the input photos for each model again and converts them again?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question!

by torzdf » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:55 pm

That's pretty much exactly right....

You can either point the TimelapseA/B at your input folders, in which case it will take the first (14?) images from that folder and create a timelapse, or you can put selected photos from your trainset into another folder purely for the timelapse.

At every save iteration it will pass these faces through the model and save out an image for those faces into your specified output folder.

It will have minimal impact on your training time. Inference is quick, I doubt you'd even notice the difference.

Go to full post
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Timelapse

Post by torzdf »

That's pretty much exactly right....

You can either point the TimelapseA/B at your input folders, in which case it will take the first (14?) images from that folder and create a timelapse, or you can put selected photos from your trainset into another folder purely for the timelapse.

At every save iteration it will pass these faces through the model and save out an image for those faces into your specified output folder.

It will have minimal impact on your training time. Inference is quick, I doubt you'd even notice the difference.

My word is final

tomward16

Re: Timelapse

Post by tomward16 »

Brilliant, thank you!